Total Pageviews

Monday, March 9, 2009

Morgan Tsvangirai, His late wife, and Oprah sharing her magazine cover


The human mind never ceases to amaze. The brass scale in my brain is very poor at weighing what matters as news or what really, well, forget it. While I'm still trying to process the fact that Morgan Tsvangirai (forgive me if I'm mispelling this, we Malawians use just as many consonants in a word, let this fly), where was I? Yes, I'm still processing the fact that Morgan Tsvangirai is in a Botswana hospital after his vehicle collided with a semi (or was it a smaller truck?) and that his wife Susan's burial is on Wednesday, by the way, I just have this hunch that a road that flat could not have resulted in such a grave accident?

Hmm, what do I know? where does naivette end and unwarranted suspicion of Uncle begin? I don't know. Only God knows exactly what happened there and as He wills, we'll find out in time.

As I'm processing, I get hit with the news that for the first time in 9 years, Oprah is sharing her magazine cover for the first time. And the person picked for the job, none other than Mayi wa Malia, u didn't get that? OK, let's try, Mkazi wa Barack. Got it? good. N-e-way, I got to thinking, what does that have to do with anything? Not to hate on Oprah and definately not to hate on Michelle either but why should a magazine cover make the news, hmmm, on second thought, was that actually on the news? Hmmm...I'm losing my mind

pic: AFP

No comments: