Total Pageviews

Friday, May 1, 2009

Habbakuk














Always been shy of the Book of Habbakuk and all for the petty reason that the name of the author is unfamiliar. Early memories take me back to '88 when my aunt and uncle debated animatedly what they were going to name their first born (alas, they waited until he was born to have this debate!!). After trying out different names.. and they were determined to give my cousin a Biblical name; ... and not finding one they liked, I overhead my weary aunt's query, "What then, HABBAKUK?"

Thankfully the mite was named Daniel. A portion of scripture has been making a ruckus in my life of late on this earthly journey and thanks to technology, (thank You Jesus :-) I found it on a friend's FaceBook profile. I didn't know it was in Habbakuk but hey, thank God for Habbakuk, what a verse; where there is no vision, people perish. Thank you Lord for the blessing of vision given by You!:

Habbakuk 2:3"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay"

pic: Pilgrim, John Bunyan www.audio-books-online.com

No comments: