Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Smart idea, that










My sister from the land formerly known as Northern Rhodesia took me to the movies recently to watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I was more of the idea of watching Angels and Demons to which she gave much opposition; I'm not a fan of Dan Brown either but have read the book and wanted to see what they did with all those dramatic (and I'm sure very graphic) scenes- think death by the elements!

Anywho, back to the issue at hand; I was quite pleased to learn (and only after the movie) that the director of X-Men Origins: Wolverine is Mzansi's own Gavin Hood. This is his second movie that I've watched, Tsotsi was the first,and now this one - I quite liked it. And it's a smart idea, when the world begins to utilise the talented directors on the international landscape, we can expect good things. Not only that, I guess many Mzansi-ans will pitch up at the theatres to show support, more money for the X-men franchise. Is this the good side of globalisation? hmmmm....

No comments: