Total Pageviews

Friday, August 7, 2009

Hillary Who? China and the US...the game continues...


If it aint one thing, it's another. The Buckaroo continues to express discontent over the mass evacuation of African babies in the name of a fashion statement rather than genuine compassion. How do I know it's not genuine compassion? Simple answer, a genuinely compassionate person is genuinely interested in African people and has time to problem-pose and not problem-solve.... anyway I'm getting off-track here, today's bee in my bonnet is someone called Hillary. I can't decide which last name suits her more, as she hyphenates to us a choice between maiden name and last name, I'll just go on and say Hillary Who.


The woman has managed to clearly show to me that Democrats are certainly no different from that other camp. The big-time hunting game for raw material continues, this time the venue has changed. Th game is now to be played in good ol' Africa. Same rules: Democracy is the trump card! Going around Africa in the guise of reinforcing the goodness of democracy, my left foot! Rather, this around Africa trip, from where I am standing is an attempt to antagonise the Chinese. The Chinese were the early birds this time so this game will be complex, yet again. Think about it. What's democratic about the DRC, perhaps the diamonds, gold...and Nigeria and Angola....hmmm...I DID hear their oil is so democratic it was resisting the Chinese..no? Heh! Heh!...erm South Africa and Liberia, we'll let our minds wander on why the interest....

For interest's sake; here are 2 questions: Define to me clearly the meaning of Democracy and answer the following:

a) By what standards are the countries Hillary is/has visited democratic?
b) How and when did America get the right to award/give recognition to 'proper democracy'in other countries?
I can't help myself , a 3rd question needs to be asked:
c)Who gets to award/define democracy for America?
....and the last question I need to ask: What is the meaning of HYPOCRICY? (did I spell that right?, ahem....)


OK all I'm saying is that all you humble little African countries with no minerals to offer yet and no strong interactions with the Chinese: you can go ahead and enjoy your peace because it won't be too soon that a high profile Red White and Blue envoy dangles tariff-free trade in your faces. Democracy looks like oil, no, diamonds, no, I mean textiles no, I mean capitalism, yes capitalism ITS ALL FOR THE GREATER GOOD -SING- ITS ALL FOR THE GREATER GOOOD, HEY HEY THE GREATER GOOOOD!!! Maybe democracy is freedom and human rights. Yes, I kind of forgot about that freedom and human rights bit, sigh...

No comments: