Total Pageviews

Friday, April 25, 2008

Football in the village

You never know where you'll find talent. I'm developing a little football (Americans: read "soccer") team out in the village where I work. I figured since the kids have so much time on their hands, why not get them into an activity. So I bunched the girls and the boys together and encourage them to play their lungs out, there are two teams now that scrimage during the week. One named themselves "Arsenal" and the other "Lions". I get a hearty laugh on the inside when I see the older ladies pass by the pitch, frown a little and comment, "Even the girls are playing soccer?" Or when the girls are dribbling and the little boys go, "Well! I can't see the soccer ball with all those skirts flapping about!" Well, little boy, let the girls be! Good times.

No comments: